Sunday, February 20, 2011

Memories that Mother Brings.

Wow... I'm already in tears. I love you, mom. I love you so much. This whole feuding, bickering, and misunderstanding between my roommates and I is such a strain on me. There are times where they say something offensive, and I try to stand up for myself, but in the end they hurt my feelings. Those are the moments where I wish you were here. I wish I could just hug you and you could cradle me back and forth and let my tears dry on your shirt. My mom is the most amazing woman in the world. Heavenly Father put me in her care for a reason and she has done more than fulfill her requirements and duties as a parent. She has given up so much so that I could chase my dreams. I hope to catch up to them one day soon. She allowed me to try anything and everything. From flute to clarinet to the love of the piano my mom enriched me with the most amazing talents to teach what I was interested in. And even when it got to the point that my interest was gone and replaced with ignorance, she kept at me to help me realize my gifts, my potential, and my love for the instrument. And now, I'm the ward pianist. Imagine that. It only gets better. My mom put so much time, money, and effort into my fiery passion for dance. She would take me when I was younger to class and watch me make a fool of myself amongst my friends as I laughed and ran around the room, driving Miss Bonnie nuts. And then she would ask me every year if I wanted to try something new. Of course I would say yes, and she would sacrifice a little bit more to make it happen. She paid for costumes, went with me to find costumes, helped me with quick changes, video taped every memory and supported me with every pirouette. I never imagined that dance would be my life career choice. I just never wanted to stop. I know I am not the best dancer out there, but I'm the best dancer in my mom's eyes. And her sacrifice continued into my education. My mom knows her stuff. When it comes to education, she wanted the best for me. She knows that Heavenly Father wants all of us to get a great education and she strived for that everyday. Not only would she work all night with me to study for tests, stay up until 3am making a pop up book for an A+ on my only project for the year, and sit there as we went over the same math problem at least 20 times, but she was always at school, whether helping other parents with programs for us, or trying to switch teachers so we could get the best education possible, to speaking with the principal for unfair grading in a course. She did it all. On top of that, she did it all while working full time. And she continues to do this by giving the same blessings and opportunities to my brother. I don't know how she does it. I hope I can be as half as amazing and valiant as my mother. What an example! She brought the spirit into our home (and kept it there for as long as she possibly could). She had us all read scriptures together and to make us remember that family and the Lord always come first before anything else. She instilled good manners and kind words into our minds so that we would always strive to be kind to others. She taught us that hard work pays off and work before play is a must. She taught organization and its effectiveness in every aspect of our lives. She even taught me how to speak with a profound power during a sacrament talk so I could engage everyone listening. She taught me not to judge when first meeting someone, but to judge them on their character after working with them. She taught me who were true blue friends and who were "fickles". She taught me to love my Savior and to strive to pray to Heavenly Father, reminding me that He does listen and answer. She taught me to NEVER give up and to always finish what I start. She taught me simple things like how to clean a bathtub to life lessons on the Spirit and homemaking. She gave it all to me and I feel like a strong, beautiful, LUCKY young woman to have the best parents anyone on this temporal earth could possibly be given. I don't know how to say how grateful I am in words. A word in a dictionary cannot describe it. You have made me strong, mom. You have nourished laughter, dedication, and love into my memory and my lifestyle. You have lifted me up when I have fallen in every trial and tribulation. You know exactly what to say and when to say it. You discern what's the best for me. You keep all of my options open, even when it seems that there is less than a sliver of a chance that it is possible. You make it happen. You always pull through for me. I am forever grateful and in debt to your diligence. Thank you, thank you, thank you.  When I think of you, the warmth you bring, and the Spirit and comes with it.... I REALLY wish you were here. I want to see you and be with you. I want to hug you and kiss you. And I want to laugh with you and pray with you. Always know I am with you in spirit. It is so hard to grow up, because you have to fly from the nest. But the nest is such a wonderful place. It's a Heaven on Earth and it is something that is difficult to replicate. I love you, mommy. I love you SO much! Call me when you can. I want to hear your voice. I hope you are happy and well.
All of my love,
Your Daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment