Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Just Read It.

Alright. We're going to talk about Justin Bieber a bit. KEEP READING. It's not what you think. I've got some "Bieber Fever" we could say, but in a different form. This all started last semester, when I thought Justin Bieber was just a dopey teeney bopper kid who sang the song "Baby" 24/7. However, Janessa Faust, a former roommate of mine said she wanted to show me a music video. I went into her room and sat with her at the computer and she popped it up on YouTube. The title was: Somebody to Love- Justin Bieber. She was about to press play and I said, "No. I'm not watching that. Little kids like him. Not adult college students like myself. No." She told me to chill and just watch. By the time that 4 minute song was over, I was hooked. The choreography amazed me. It wasn't the most intense and difficult choreography in the world (except when the breakin' crews busted out of course) but it was so clean cut and smooth. There wasn't anything provocative about it. It was fun, it kept me entertained, and it was appropriate. Then I thought, well duh, he's 16 years old. He's not going to sing about making love like his mentor, Usher. But still, I feel like he has an edge but can still get away with modesty even into his later years. That's what I want to be a part of!! As a dancer, I feel like I have to act like a slut at every audition, every performance, when it comes to making it big. Maybe I won't have to with this guy. I started reading about him, his personality, how he got his start, and his music. As I watched more and more videos and following him on Twitter, his personality shined through. What a fun kid! He seems fun to hang out and makes me laugh all of the time. He boost me up and makes me feel like I can do anything. He will probably never read this post or even know I exist, but my hope is to work with him some day. His whole thing right now is "Never Say Never". He wants everyone to dream big and acheive what they want. Honestly, being in NYC, I feel like anything is possible at times. I feel like I have access to everything. And then the next minute I feel so lost, confused, and crying, feeling like there's just no way. Justin's message has stayed with me. Whenever I go to dance class, I work my butt off. I want to perfect everything, especially my theatrical side for auditions. I hope that someday...somewhat soon, like when I get my degree, I can somehow meet him, hang out, and either dance behind or with him, and maybe eventually choreograph for him. I would not choose any other star in the entertainment industry right now. They are all wonderful in their own right. But I feel like I can be myself with Justin and I don't have to worry about how thin and sexy I look on stage because that's not JBs platform. It is so hard to explain but that is my ultimate goal at the moment. Maybe it will change. In fact, I think it will once I got back to Arizona, where the opportunity slims down to almost nothing compared to LA or NYC. But hopefully with Courtney Miller Jr's book, all of my past and present teachers and professors help, and the support of my friends and family, I can do this! :D I hope I can do this. I feel that my heart is in it. I really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment