Monday, February 14, 2011

It's Hot In Here!!

For  realz!! We hit 55 degrees today in NYC! I was SO happy! I was SO happy that I went on an almost 3 hour walk. I live on Union Square which is between 15th and 16th streets. I walked, NO SUBWAY WAS USED IN THIS TRIP, to 55th Street. I wanted to go further and walk in Central Park but I had to get back for an online class. This past week has gone very well and it continues to go well. The big thing going on right now would probably have to be my Fan Page on Facebook. Please become a fan and tell your friends, family, and perfect strangers to like it as well. I also got a YouTube account and just posted dance videos on it. I plan to put up more, believe me. I'm experimenting with choreography because I suck at it and I want to get better. I'm hoping many, many, many, many, many, many, many people will watch them and SUBSCRIBE! :D I hope to collaborate with some of my fellow NYU and ASU Students on this channel too! I'm keeping up to date with Twitter and  Facebook and I'm always trying to post new material. Something tells me to just check every Monday and new stuff will probably be up. I just hope that I can get people. This past week I've learned so much about myself and it all comes down to the corny phrase- I have a dream and I want to acheive it. I want it SO badly! I want to dance and sing and act and love life and meet people and network and work for amazing people and get to know celebrities and have one of a kind experiences! I want it all! I want to enjoy it. It feels SO STINKIN' CLOSE yet so farrrrrrrr awayyyy. It's a rough feeling to deal with sometimes. On the 9th, when I last posted, Sylvia and I watched "Princess Protection Program" which was a cute Disney movie that made me feel wonderful inside. After this, I looked around on the Netflix Queue and found "A Little Princess" that made me cry and jump for joy. It was so adorable!! I'd seen it before but that's besides the point. Thursday I had my work study and full day of classes. I was falling asleep in all of them. I need to go to bed earlier. I get really sleepy during the day and that my friends, is because I lose track of time and go to bed at 1am and get up at 7 or 8am...which isn't enough sleep for me. Friday I had a nice chillaxin' day. We had a substitute in tap and apparently she was blown away by the fact that whenever she gave us something, I could learn it in less than 5 minutes and replicate exactly what she did. I hardly ever practiced in there. So I worked on my acting skills. Apparently that is what I am lacking when it comes to auditions and things. I have professors and teachers and friends who are helping me with that. The weekend I kinda had plans but they all fell through. I skyped with Ashleen Piercy Saturday afternoon which made me very happy. She's a sweetheart and a funny one at that. Sunday was bliss. I got called to be the ward pianist in our church so I'm really excited about that. When I came home I just fiddled on Facebook, did some homework, and enjoyed the beautiful day. Around 7:30 I visited Stacey and Coco, two friends who live in a dormitory just a few blocks from mine. A bunch of us got together and we ate mini-cupcakes, drank soda, and watched the Grammy's. It was a TON of fun! I really enjoyed watching. ALL of the performances were absolutely spectacular and classy. LOVED IT ALL! I love music. What an amazing gift. And here we are, up to date on Today. Today I got up and did some homework, went and choreographed two and a half pieces, which you should look at on my YouTube Account. http://www.youtube.com/user/abusydancer14 :D And tell others as well. Like I said, I'm trying to get my name out there. Anyways, after that I came back and did some more homework. Then, I decided I was going to check out Times Square. I walked all the way to 55th street. I saw SO many beautiful buildings. I found the Ed Sullivan Theatre. I walked past the Museum of Modern Art. I went through Madison Square Garden. And I enjoyed taking tons of pictures through Times Square. My walk last about 3 hours. It felt great and I hope to be able to enjoy a walk like that every Monday from now on. It's better than the gym!! :D So then I came back just in time for class to start online and here I am now, eating dinner and blogging. Blog blog blog. I have dance class tonight and a CRAZY week ahead of me. I was waiting for the day that I would say this and today is the day. I LOVE NEW YORK CITY!!!! :D

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I'm awesome, I made it into this post too! Woot, my netflix. ^^ As for youtube and your pictures of the city... AWESOME. Keep being amazing, you're doing great! this semester will fly by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is my favorite post so far!! :)

    ReplyDelete