Sunday, February 6, 2011

I Feel Famous....

Sooooo...this past weekend has been PHENOMENAL!! Things are finally looking up. The end of the trial is near!! :D :D :D :D :D I know you're all going, "Finally, geez i got sick of her whining." Hahaha! But honestly, it's blown up into this huge thing all of the sudden! First of all, let's begin with the week. The last I posted was Tuesday. I apologize for the delay. Wednesday through Friday was a mess. My class schedule has changed at least 3 times. Billy, my advisor, has been AMAZING in advocating for me and doing the best he can to get my ideal classes. Many program and ideas have been switched around. Hopefully, by the beginning of this week, it will all be cleared up! So I believe it was Wednesday night, I got an email from Miss Charlye Dehart, a girl I met at church. Her birthday is February 6th and she was celebrating it the whole weekend and invited me. Through this weekend, I got to know a lot more people and now I feel popular! At long last. Hahaha! So, I woke up Friday morning and went to my Musical Theatre History II: 1930s to present class. SUPER FUN! We basically discuss and watch videos of musicals. We learned about South Pacific and the King and I. We're getting closer to Singing in the Rain era really fast. My favorite. :D Then, I went to the bookstore to buy some minor things and had a great chat with my dad. He was in Arizona at the time helping out relatives. Anyway, then I went to a little deli I picked at random and had an AMAZING lunch which consisted of a wrap with grilled chicken, feta cheese, and red and green peppers with basil vinagrette, a gingerale, veggie and sweet potato chips, and a butterfinger. It was quite wonderful. However, I am noticing that I am gaining a little weight. We will change that soon enough. Starting tomorrow I will be attending a few dance classes a week and hopefully get into a groove of a gym schedule. Then I had a meeting with one of my professors. She's a sweetheart but her name is Leslie Satin (pronouned Satan....odd....). After this, I went to my two hour tap class. I was supposed to have Friday off but now I have Mondays off so I can finally rest up a bit tomorrow. Hahaha! This two hour class is actually an advanced tap class! So I'm actually challenged! It's FANTASTIC! Love the teacher. Only like 5 students. Lots of individualized attention. And we have a history lesson of a famous tapper at the beginning of each class. Last week was Bojangles :D Then, I went home and freshened up and took the subway to meet up with Charlye and her friends. The Paul Morgan Library and Museum was fantastic!! I saw originally diaries down to the 1600s! I saw Bob Dylan's originally doodles to create lyrics. I saw original material write ups about 9/11 and some famous poets drawings and doodles. AMAZING. I learned a lot. I went into the founder's personal library and study. GORGEOUS. Red velvet EVERYWHERE!! Intense and he cared so much about collected. It was amazing. After that, I went home and went to bed early. Saturday we were all up at 5am and at Rockefeller Center by 6. You guessed it. In line for SNL Tickets!! WOO! After that, my whole group was tired and took the subway home. I stayed there and went sightseeing. I even got on Weekend Today Show! I waved as "Broadway" Bill Karins did the weather. Then, he came up to me, shook my hand, and we chatted for at least 5 minutes about school, life, and Arizona. His family lives in Chandler so we talked about Sunny AZ a lot. He was super nice and approachable. Great guy. After this, I checked out Rockefeller Plaza, the ice rink, the shops, Radio City Music Hall. It started snowing but I didn't care. It wasn't bad and I had a LOT of layers on. I walked up high enough to hit Central Park. I made a TINY dent in the huge park and it was a sight to see. Heavenly Father created such  a beautiful world and we never stop or slow down enough to notice. The snow covered everything. What a winter wonderland! I took lots of pictures. :D After this, I planned to head down to Times Square but my feet were really irritated so I went home. I had some lunch. Met up with Charlye and the group at 2pm for "Sweeney Todd" only to find out it was sold out. We decided to go back on Sunday. I went to Chelsea Market with Ashley Pacini. Really elaborate place. I went home and did some homework and fiddled on my usual social networking sites. :P After this, we met up again at Waldy's Pizza. We all bought our own personal pizza and went back to Ashley's to eat and party up with soda and Italian cake! Mmmmmm. After this, we all got back on the subway again to get in line for SNL. With our stand by ticket, we waited. We got to the FRONT OF THE LINE!! Then they said they were full. BUMMER!! We went back to Dave's apartment to watch it on TV. It was one of the best SNLs ever performed on that stage. With our host, DANA CARVEY, he did at least 3 impressions and brought back the original Church Chat skit. Guests stars like Mike Myers, Justin Bieber, and John Lovitz showed up. We were all growning out of bitterness for not being able to watch it live. My favorite would probably have been Church Chat or "the Roommate" preview. But the WHOLE show was absolutely hilarious. By then it was 1:30AM and I was exhausted. Being up for over 20 hours, I safely made it on the subway and then home and went straight to bed. I woke up the next morning for church and that evening I went to Hannah Wrights and Brenda Saunders apartment on Wall Street. We had dinner, delicious brownies, and made Valentine's Day cards for our roommates. Nate Henderson was there as well and he gave us all a hardtime being the smart alec he is. Around 9 I came home and did homework. This is when I felt famous. People were sending me messages left and right, friend requests, people asking me to hang out, and trips they want to take. All I need are dying fans wanting to take pictures with me and get autographs and i'm done! In fact, while making cards, I perfected my signature and I think I shall use it that way for the rest of my life. It's PERFECT. It's a good mix between my mom and dad's signatures actually. Therefore you can't read it at all. But that's ok, cuz it looks awesome!! Hahaha! So I've decided that I really want to go to SoHo on Monday (today) and check out all the shops and whatnot. I'm also told that all of the celebrities hang out there. I wish to spot one...maybe take a picture...maybe stalk them. Who knows?! :P It should be a good week. I hope to get famous for real...or something like that. It should be good. Night all! <3

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME! Glad things are looking up and of course our skype dates help, right... right?

    ReplyDelete