Saturday, February 19, 2011

Not Again.

Oh happy day. I'm having roommate problems again. I have no idea what I did but all of the sudden one of them hates me. She's getting mad at me about everything. How I'm not doing the dishes, doing things without asking first, making a mess and not cleaning it up, and not taking out the recycling. Of course, none of this is true. I always clean my dishes and if I feel like it, I clean theirs too. I always ask before I take a shower or have a friend over because that is what we discussed as roommates. THEY don't ask for my permission for anything! I always clean up my mess in the kitchen and I don't leave clothes and shoes lying around everywhere in my room (not that that matters because they have their own bedroom). As for the recycling, I took it out last week because it was overflowing. It started overflowing again so I figured I'd take it out again soon but I was out with a friend. The next morning, my roommate came in all upset that she had to do it because most of the recycling was mine. Well...a good chunk of it but not all of it and I did it last time so buck up. I took out the trash yesterday and it was leaking so I had to clean that gross mess. She needs to grow up a bit. I didn't even do anything! And apparently this all started in a Skype conversation I was having with my parents. My mom asked how my roommates and I were doing. I told her fine and we don't really talk much. They just kind of do their own thing in their room. But they're nice. She replied something along the lines that they seem different than me, in terms that they are more low key and quieter while I'm more bubbly and energetic. But she did not say anything bad about them. She hasn't even MET them! My mom would never judge anyone she does not know. The next day, I came home from class and was working on homework at my computer. I opened up an important email and was really focusing on reading it when she came in the door. She said hi and explained that I should not talk about them while they're home. I looked at her like...what? She explained how she overheard the conversation with my parents last night. I told her I didn't say anything bad about you guys. She said, "Not according to what your MOM said." I was offended by that. How dare you judge my mother, an AMAZING woman who raised me, taught me right, and kept a wholesome, sweet, spirit in our home. She works SO hard for both Braden and I. So don't even!!! I said I just told her we don't talk much and we don't. I wish we did. She said, "FINE." and walked into her room and slammed the door. She called someone, said "BYE!" rudely and left to go for a walk with someone. I started crying. I don't know what I did to make her so mad but this is now how roommates should act with each other. I called my dad while walking to class and he couldn't believe it. I met up with Arielle, who moved out because of the other two roommates and she explained that it's all starting again. She went through the exact same thing. I don't know what to do but I will NOT let them push me around. NOT AGAIN. I already went through that last semester. I hope that I can get a roommate soon because it is miserable living here. I'm all alone out here without a roommate, they don't talk to me, they're in their own little world. What's worst of all, they talk about me like I'm not even here. It's awful. I miss Arielle. I don't know why these girls have all of the sudden turned on  their "evil" switch....but please turn it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment