Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February 1, 2011 - A Ray of Sunshine Made A Bright Day

Yesterday was quite exquisite. For one, it was 35 degrees outside, probably the warmest since I've been here. And it actually felt warm! Believe it or not you Arizona Devils!! It felt warm...yes it did...underneath all 5 layers of clothing. :P Anyway, it was a BEAUTIFUL day. What a blessing. I was feelign really down on top of being so tired. For some reason (Netflix), I was up late all weekend, including the Snow Day on Thursday and I had to get up Monday morning around 6:45am for class at 8. However, I was done with class by 10:45am. It's fantastic. :D So, what do I do after 10:45am? I walk in the complete opposite direction of home down random roads and get somewhat lost. Explore even one new street opens a whole new world in New York City! No matter where you go, you see something new. For example, the past few days, I walk along University to get to the Education Building Monday through Thursday. And every morning, I see this older man across the crosstreets of University and Waverly Place (yes,THE Waverly Place :P) and he's yelling something about the number 6 and points 6 fingers up everytime a taxi went by?? Today, he was yelling about the number 4, but still holding up 6 fingers. So confusing, but pretty funny. Anyway, I eventually found myself on 2nd Avenue and 6th Street. Right in front of me is one of the Tisch School of the Arts buildings. I walked in, went to the third floor on a really cool old fashioned elevator, and asked to speak with the Department Chair of the Dance Department. I gave them my information so he could contact me. I walked slowly home, enjoying the air, the day. Who knew that a little sunshine would make a day SO perfect. I was happy all day long! Then, I went to "le pain quotidien" and bought one of the most expensive, yet amazing meals ever. Costing just under $14, I had smoked salmon with avocado, lemon, and tomatoes with lettuce. It was really filling and REALLY good. I enjoyed my time with Courtney Scott, who I met at church and is fun to be with!! :D In addition, I bought an almond merengue which is really sweet but very good. It's like cream, hardened with a melt-in-your-mouth cotton candy like sticky sugary stuff in the middle and it's just drizzled with almonds. It's so big and so sweet, it will last me a while. After that, I returned home and started working on homework....after finish watching Meet Me in St. Louis starring Judy Garland. For some reason, I have a love for older movies now more than ever. I did my homework and then we met with Jessica, my RA, to have "base", when all of the roommates meet and discuss living arrangements....that's up in the air at the moment but hopefully this little bump in the road will pass and we'll get a regular routine going. Today was a little more stressful since I'm trying to get Tisch's attention and they won't budge....I don't want to talk about today. Today was frustrating. And I realize now that school and not having a regular dance schedule, like in studios and stuff, is throwing me off and upsetting me. At least now I can pinpoint it. But I just wish I could get another ray of sunshine....I am SO blessed.

1 comment:

  1. So again... NETFLIX! BUT, movie coming out soon that we will watch together, you know what I'm talking about!
    Guy holding up 6 fingers is wonderful... I know this is late but I'm determined to comment on everything!

    ReplyDelete