Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I'm an absolute GENIUS.

Had an AMAZING idea today as I trudged through 34 degree weather :( . Stacy Gaspard, a friend of mine I met here through the Spring in NY program told me about her aspirations to become famous. We giggled and enjoyed the "simple plan" of become a celebrity. Then, I thought about how I have been trying SO HARD every day to put myself out there as a performer and entertainer through mainly dance, some acting, and a little singing. Stacy wants to do the same thing!! It dawned on me!! I asked her, "Stacy, do you wanna make a music video?" She replied, "Heck yes!!" Later, I found out that she and a mutual friend, Coco, were working on song lyrics. The networking JUST in the Spring in NY Program!! I emailed Stacy right away this evening after putting it all together in my head. I think it would also help ALL of us in great ways. The Internet is SO powerful these days. I say we get a group together! People who are willing to work and take in the time to make great videos! We'll give everyone a job, something in their field of interest. Whoever likes to do photography can grab their camera and take backstage shots and headshots for all of us aspiring performers. Whoever is in film can film and edit the videos together. Whoever wants to perform can collaborate and switch off roles so we can sing, act, dance, whatevs! If someone is into publicity, they can put a website together, inform other people about the site, post to YouTube and network. What do you think?! I think we should get a whole team together! There is strength in numbers and I know it will take up a good chunk of our time but it is time well spent. We will all learn and grow from it, have a close group of friends, and it will keep us busy. It's like we already have a job, just not getting paid. Hahaha!  I really think it will help all of us. Who knows what will happen?! Maybe someone "important" will see the videos we make or notice who we put down as the editor or whatever. Things can happen! We just have to create material first. Tell me what you think. But let's work fast! We only have a semester together! Everyone benefits......I know. I'm so awesome.

1 comment:

  1. As I said in a previous post, you're AWESOME and AMAZING!<3

    ReplyDelete